Late last week at this year’s Game Developer’s Conference, Hideo Kojima decided it would be the absolute best time to reveal his studio’s upcoming game, Metal Gear Solid 5: The Phantom Pain. Even though the official announcement trailer confused 100 percent of the gaming public, we do know the game will star Big Boss (a.k.a Naked Snake) and will combine Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes and The Phantom Pain. But just where will Ground Zeroes fit into The Phantom Pain?
During an interview with GameTrailers, Kojima said Ground Zeroes will serve as a prologue to The Phantom Pain, taking place about nine years prior to Phantom Pain. “… put together, these two pieces comprise Metal Gear Solid 5. And The Phantom Pain is the main part of the game, and it’s really a huge game.”
For those wondering where Ground Zeroes fits into the Metal Gear Solid chronology, Kojima says it’s set “almost immediately after [Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker].” Kojima also comments on how both titles will be distributed and sold as Ground Zeroes will arrive before The Phantom Pain to give players a portion of the larger experience “on a smaller scale.”
- 2014-04-23 Hideo Kojima Teases "Important" Announcement For Tomorrow
- 2014-04-16 Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain Trailer Recreated In GTA 5
- 2014-04-15 Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes Save File Will Impact The Phantom Pain
- 2014-03-20 Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes Censored In Japan
- 2014-03-19 Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes Can Be Completed In 10 Minutes