Google has certainly made waves in the wearable technology niche with Glass. Baidu, China’s biggest search engine, has confirmed that it is working on a Google Glass rival, but it isn’t sure when it will commercialize the product. According a new rumor, Microsoft is going to launch its very own Glass rival in 2014. Rumors regarding wearable technology have escalated in recent months as Google Glass continues to gain hype, despite the fact that it is still in development. Microsoft’s plans aside, Apple too is rumored to be working on its own wearable tech, something called the iWatch.
Analyst Brian J. White of Topeka Capital Markets said in a note to investors that he believes Microsoft is working on its own set of internet connected glasses. Only recently Brain speculated that Apple is going to release a TV set later this year which will come with an iRing accessory. We can’t always be sure of any analyst’s predictions, fact remains that this is the first we’ve heard of Microsoft developing its own wearable technology offering. With Google Glass already under development and rumors of Apple iWatch at an all time high, perhaps it would make sense for the Redmond based outfit to jump on the bandwagon as well.
- 2014-04-15: ETA For Project Ara's Release Set For January 2015
- 2014-04-15: Buy Google Glass Today In The U.S.
- 2014-04-15: Google Glass Android 4.4 KitKat Update Arriving This Week
- 2014-04-15: Gmail Gets New Insert Photo Button
- 2014-04-14: Google Micro Camera System To Usher In Next-Gen Contact Lenses
- 2013-10-22: Microsoft Testing Prototype Google Glass-Like Eyewear [Report]
- 2013-05-05: Google Glass May Bring iOS Navigation And Texts Support
- 2013-04-03: Baidu Confirms That It Is Developing Google Glass Rival
- 2013-04-02: Baidu Developing Its Google Glass Rival Called Eye