We’ve been hearing a ton of rumors about the alleged Motorola X Phone, which according to the rumors, is not a single device, but rather a series of devices much like how Samsung uses the Galaxy brand for its lineup of phones and tablets. In any case it has been suggested that the Motorola X Phone could differentiate itself from the competition by allowing customization, although we’re not sure to what extent this customization would be.
The folks at Phone Arena claim to have received a tip from their source at Motorola and according to the tip, the customization would be less about choosing how much RAM your phone has, but rather the look of the phone, which supposedly will come available in over 20 different colors. We’re pretty sure colors don’t make or break a phone, but at the same time it does help appeal to different types of customers who think that black/white is a bit too boring. We’re not sure when the X Phone will debut, but if the previous report is to be believed, the phone could be passing on Google I/O and launch in August instead.
- 2014-04-22 Motorola And Lenovo's First Smartphone Reportedly Coming This Fall
- 2014-04-20 Moto G LTE And Ferrari Rumored To Be In The Works
- 2014-04-20 Moto E Specifications Leaked
- 2014-04-18 Motorola To Introduce XT1021, XT1022 And XT1025 In May (Rumor)
- 2014-04-17 Motorola Moto G For $149 Unlocked Via Republic Wireless
- 2013-05-27 Motorola X Phone For Verizon (XT1060) Spotted At The FCC
- 2013-05-02 Evleaks: Motorola X Phone Spotted For Real
- 2013-05-01 Motorola XT1055 Could Be The Elusive X Phone
- 2013-04-25 Google X Phone With Android 5.0 Key Lime Pie Spotted (Rumor)
- 2013-04-14 Motorola X Release Reportedly Pushed Back Till August