@Evleaks has been known to leak a number of devices in the past, which turn out to be completely true. But in this week’s case where they “leaked” a mystery Samsung smartphone, it turns out to be a false leak, according to SamMobile.
The image @Evleaks leaked was assumed to be a new Samsung product that might point to a new design for an upcoming Samsung device, but it turns out what they “leaked” was a Samsung Galaxy S4 developer prototype. SamMobile’s insider sent them an image of the prototype they just so happened to have on hand, and it seems to resemble the image of the device @Evleaks leaked.
To the defense of @Evleaks, they’ve had a pretty good track record of successfully leaking devices as well as press images of upcoming devices for several months. They certainly can’t be expected to have a completely untarnished record, especially considering the “business” they’re in, which is the business of leaking unannounced products. This can be categorized as a nice attempt by them, but ultimately, it turns out to be completely false.
- 2014-04-22: Apple's Latest Ad Is A Not-So-Subtle Jab At Samsung
- 2014-04-22: Samsung Gear 2 And Gear Fit Reportedly Expensive To Repair
- 2014-04-22: PayPal Fingerprint Authorization For Verizon's Galaxy S5 Workaround Discovered
- 2014-04-21: Samsung Galaxy S5 Prime Spotted In Manifest (Rumor)
- 2014-04-21: Samsung Galaxy S4 Outsold HTC One 4:1
- 2014-04-02: Samsung Galaxy S5 Is Surprisingly Durable In Drop Test
- 2014-02-24: Galaxy S4 GT-I9505 Android 4.4.2 Update Released
- 2014-02-18: Samsung Galaxy S4 Value Edition Confirmed By Bluetooth SIG
- 2014-02-12: Sprint's Galaxy S4 Could Receive KitKat Update Tomorrow