Facebook Home was released only a couple of days back, HTC First is the only smartphone that ships with it pre-installed, besides that there are a select few devices for which the software can now be downloaded from Google Play Store. Up till now the user reviews of Facebook Home have not been very good, according to one report over 40% of all those who downloaded Home gave it a 1 star rating on Play Store. Despite that, Facebook is working on getting the word out about its latest software offering, and they’ve released a new commercial starring the CEO, Mark Zuckerberg.
The interesting thing about this commercial is that it was actually filmed at Facebook’s Menlo Park headquarters in California, and that it features the CEO, who isn’t exactly known for his reality distorting stage presence. Facebook says that the clip gives a “fun peek behind the Menlo Park curtain,” that it does as it stars the actual product team. There’s also a goat screaming in Zuckerberg’s face, if that is something you might find humorous. Moreover the commercial does a pretty good job of outlining the features of Facebook Home, which is exactly the reason why it was made in the first place.
- 2014-04-17: Facebook Nearby Friends Feature Introduced
- 2014-04-16: Facebook Acquisition Will Make Sense In A Year, According To Oculus VR's Founder
- 2014-04-14: Google Picks Up Titan Aerospace Before Facebook Can
- 2014-04-14: Facebook Reportedly Working On An E-Money Service
- 2014-04-10: Facebook Makes Improvements To Reduce News Feed Spam
- 2013-06-19: Samsung 'Facebook Phone' Idea Reportedly Rejected
- 2013-05-23: HTC First 'Facebook Phone' UK Launch Postponed Indefinitely
- 2013-05-08: HTC First 'Facebook Phone' Now Just $0.99 On Contract
- 2013-04-16: First Facebook Home Update Coming Mid-May
- 2013-04-12: HTC First Launches Facebook Home Today On AT&T For $99