Earlier this morning, we brought you word that there will be a spanking new Nexus 7 tablet in the works, thanks to the folks over at Google. Just to refresh one’s memory, it seems that Reuters have cited “sources with knowledge of the product”, where it is touted that Google intends to ship anywhere from 6 to a whopping 8 million units of the new tablet, where it could even be launched as early as July this year.
Of course, while there has been nothing concrete concerning its pricing details, somehow or rather, the very same sources cite a possible $149 price tag, which would certainly make it extremely competitive of course. Should the original Nexus 7 be discontinued then, perhaps there is also a possibility of the new and revamped model maintain its original $199 price tag just like how Apple likes to do stuff? Only time will tell, but this July is most likely going to shape up to be interesting times, especially for Android-powered tablet lovers.
- 2014-02-26: ASUS Nexus 7 Dock Now On Sale
- 2014-02-16: Nexus 7 2013 16GB White Spotted On Best Buy
- 2014-02-13: Verizon Nexus 7 LTE Activation Possible Via New Update
- 2014-02-11: Verizon Nexus 7 Release Confirmed For February 13th
- 2014-02-09: Verizon’s Nexus 7 Arrives At Stores (Rumor)
- 2013-07-17: Google Nexus 7 2 Allegedly Appears In New Video, Photos [Rumor]
- 2013-07-12: Nexus 7 2 With LTE Rumored For Late July Announcement
- 2013-07-08: Staples Slashes Nexus 7 Prices, New Variant Coming?
- 2013-07-01: Nexus 7 2 Specs Leaked By ASUS Rep? [Rumor]
- 2013-06-16: Nexus 7 2 Photo Spotted Online