In the last two weeks we have seen two Windows 8 builds being leaked. Yet another build has been leaked and it shows off an entirely new feature, one that is quite exciting. Called Kiosk Mode, it is expected to be released with Windows 8.1 later this year. As far as this latest leaked build, 9374, is concerned there aren’t any substantial changes when compared to previous ones.
The Kiosk Mode feature will be available in PC settings menu and it will allow Windows functionality to be limited. It will be possible to place user accounts under lock down. Kiosk Mode can also be configured to run an app on login, this opens up a whole new range of possibilities as the machine can be used in retail stores for demos or as standalone kiosks. This feature probably wouldn’t be of any use to the average user, it does have a lot to offer to enterprises and businesses of all sizes. A preview build of Windows 8 is expected to be released at Microsoft’s BUILD conference, which will be held towards the end of June.
- 2014-03-26 BlackBerry 10.3 Leak Reveals Possible Future BlackBerry Devices
- 2014-02-09 Sony Xperia Sirius D6503 Screenshots Leaked
- 2014-01-28 Alleged Left 4 Dead 2 Plantation Map Image Leaked
- 2014-01-09 @evleaks: Rose Gold Galaxy Note 3 Headed For Verizon
- 2013-12-10 LG V510 Tablet Images Leaked
- 2013-10-17 Facebook Launches Official App For Windows 8.1
- 2013-10-17 Windows 8.1 Is Now Available
- 2013-10-02 Windows 8.1 Now Available For Pre-Order
- 2013-08-14 Windows 8.1 Release Date Confirmed For October 17
- 2013-04-22 Windows 8.1 Preview And Windows Server 2012 R2 References Discovered In Leaked Build