While we happened to catch the mention of a Yoshi’s Island game for the Wii U a few months ago, it looks like Nintendo isn’t ready to discuss that particular title, instead shining the spotlight on a new Yoshi’s Island game for the Nintendo 3DS instead.
The upcoming Yoshi’s Island for the 3DS features the same iconic art style its predecessors and will still have you playing as Yoshi who is in charge of keeping Baby Mario safe through the adventure. As you would expect from a Yoshi’s Island game, you’ll be able to throw many, many eggs, perform ground stomps, floating jumps and a number of other iconic moves.
No other information regarding Yoshi’s Island for 3DS was given during this morning’s Nintendo Direct presentation, but Nintendo president Satoru Iwata says the company will reveal more about the game, including its title and possible release date window, in the future. For now, just be happy a new Yoshi’s Island title is on its way as it has been over 6 years since the last game was released on the Nintendo DS.
- 2014-04-15: Wii Remote Plus Controller Gets Princess Peach Theme
- 2014-04-09: DIY Nintendo 64 Portable Console
- 2014-04-09: Super Smash Bros. Has A Bunch Of Rules That Could Get You Banned
- 2014-04-09: Nintendo Confirms New Mario Game In The Works
- 2014-04-08: Super Smash Bros. For 3DS Pegged For Summer, Wii U Version For Winter
- 2013-09-26: Toon Link Added To Super Smash Bros. Wii U, 3DS Roster
- 2013-09-16: Nintendo 'Very Aware' Of Feedback Regarding Wii U, 3DS Unified Accounts
- 2013-08-05: Nintendo 3DS Premium StreetPass Games Makes $4 Million In A Month
- 2013-07-18: Nintendo Showcasing Wii U, 3DS Games At San Diego Comic-Con
- 2013-05-01: Capcom Creates Mega Man Nintendo 3DS, 3DS XL Case