While we happened to catch the mention of a Yoshi’s Island game for the Wii U a few months ago, it looks like Nintendo isn’t ready to discuss that particular title, instead shining the spotlight on a new Yoshi’s Island game for the Nintendo 3DS instead.
The upcoming Yoshi’s Island for the 3DS features the same iconic art style its predecessors and will still have you playing as Yoshi who is in charge of keeping Baby Mario safe through the adventure. As you would expect from a Yoshi’s Island game, you’ll be able to throw many, many eggs, perform ground stomps, floating jumps and a number of other iconic moves.
No other information regarding Yoshi’s Island for 3DS was given during this morning’s Nintendo Direct presentation, but Nintendo president Satoru Iwata says the company will reveal more about the game, including its title and possible release date window, in the future. For now, just be happy a new Yoshi’s Island title is on its way as it has been over 6 years since the last game was released on the Nintendo DS.RELATED
- Fallout 4 Website Turns Out To Be Fake
- R4iSDHC Gets Updated Website
- 'Waiting In Line 3D' Brings The Boredom Of Waiting In Line To Your Computer
- Super Smash Bros. Adds Zelda: Majora's Mask's Skull Kid As An Assist Trophy
- Ultra Street Fighter 4 Headed To Xbox 360, PS3 June 2014
- Follow: 3ds, nintendo, nintendo 3ds,