The long-awaited Wii U spring system update was first announced at the beginning of this year and said to be released later this month. Nintendo announced this morning its upcoming system update for the Wii U will be releasing next week.
Nintendo won’t only be improving the speed performance of the Wii U with its spring update, but it will also be adding a number of overall system improvements to make your experience with the console a lot less frustrating. Some of the new features will make it possible to copy and move data from two USB drives that are connected to the Wii U, the ability to download and install software in the background as you play a game as well as after you shut off the system.
Nintendo will also make it possible to launch directly into the Wii U menu when you start your system by holding down the B button on the Wii U GamePad, although we’re hoping they make this process easier in the future by making it an option in the Wii U’s system configuration.
- 2014-04-15: Wii Remote Plus Controller Gets Princess Peach Theme
- 2014-04-09: DIY Nintendo 64 Portable Console
- 2014-04-09: Super Smash Bros. Has A Bunch Of Rules That Could Get You Banned
- 2014-04-09: Nintendo Confirms New Mario Game In The Works
- 2014-04-08: Super Smash Bros. For 3DS Pegged For Summer, Wii U Version For Winter
- 2014-04-03: Mario Kart 8 Will Run At 30fps With 3-4 Players
- 2014-04-01: EA Apologizes To Nintendo For "Unacceptable" Wii U Joke
- 2013-03-27: Nintendo Shows Wii U Speed Improvement After Installing April Update
- 2013-03-05: Wii U Spring System Update Coming In April; Stability Update Now Available