Asus had promised back in March, when it started rolling out Android 4.2 Jelly Bean for the Transformer Pad, that it would release the firmware update for Transformer Pad Infinity as well, in the second quarter. The company kept its promise and announced last week that the Jelly Bean update was rolling out for Transformer Pad Infinity as well. The update became available for users in the US that very same day.
The company has now posted Android 4.2.1 ROM for Transformer Pad Infinity on its website, it carries build number 10.6.1.14.4. While most users would go for the update in a much more hassle free way, which is over-the-air download, ROMs are important for those who want to manually flash their Android devices. It can also be used for recovery purposes, so its always good to know when an official firmware ROM is out for one’s device. The full list of changes and tweaks that the update brings, and the features it has added, can be accessed here. You can get the official Android 4.2.1 ROM for the Transformer Pad Infinity from Asus’s website.
Next Story: AT&T Rolls Out LTE To Six New Markets
- 2014-04-10: ASUS Transformer Book T100 Receives CPU Upgrade
- 2014-04-09: PC Shipments See 4.4% YOY Decline, According To IDC
- 2014-03-27: AT&T Details ASUS PadFone X Specifications
- 2014-03-24: ASUS ZenFone 6, 5, And 4 To Be Released In April
- 2014-03-23: ASUS PadFone X Spotted At The FCC