The Outlook.com Android app was previously updated back in November last year. Today Microsoft has announced a new update for this app, which brings an overhaul for the entire user interface as well as new features. Microsoft says that the overall response to Outlook.com has been very positive, but their Android app was quite behind. They say they’re very excited to take this large step forward, which will give Android users the same look and feel of the e-mail service as they’ve seen on Windows 8 as well as on the web.
Apart from bringing the UI at par with other platforms, the updated Outlook.com Android app comes with a host of new features that greatly enhance user experience. These include filters for unread and flagged mail, threading of conversations and the ability to mark email messages as junk. The updated Outlook.com app can be grabbed right now from Google Play Store. It will be supported by any device running Android firmware version 2.2 or higher. Initial user reviews on the Play Store indicate that the new UI is being appreciated a lot.
- 2014-04-23 XCOM: Enemy Unknown Android Version Coming Soon
- 2014-04-23 OnePlus' Marketing Stunt Asks The Public To Smash The Past
- 2014-04-21 Leaked Android Dialer App Screenshot Shows Slight Makeover
- 2014-04-21 Apple And Google Reportedly Vying For Mobile Game Exclusives
- 2014-04-20 Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition Makes Its Way Onto Android
- 2014-03-06 Google Play Store Birthday Sale Goes Live
- 2013-12-11 Androidify App Revamped Ahead Of The Holidays
- 2013-12-10 Google Play Store Game Categories To Be Expanded In February
- 2013-10-13 Google Play Store To Put Apps Designed For Tablets Front And Center
- 2013-10-07 Seven HBO Original Series Available Now From Google Play Store