Nintendo announced a new Pikmin title would be headed to the Wii U during their E3 press conference last summer. Pikmin 3 will mark the return of Olimar as he makes his way through a number of puzzles and battles enemies all with the help of his trusty Pikmin. It’s been nearly ten years since the previous Pikmin game was released, and Nintendo announced this morning during their Nintendo Direct presentation the wait won’t be too long as Pikmin 3 is heading to the Wii U on August 4.
We’ve been introduced to the various Pikmin we’ll be using in Pikmin 3, such as the new Rock Pikmin, but Nintendo president Satoru Iwata revealed a new flying Pikmin that was hinted at through various game trailers and even the box art for the game. The new pink Pikmin will have wings and be able to carry items while it hovers in the air. “They will be helpful in different ways than the other Pikmin types,” said Iwata-san during the new unit’s reveal this morning.
- 2014-04-24 Mario Kart 8 Wii U Bundle Confirmed By Nintendo
- 2014-04-23 Ace Attorney 3DS Takes Place In Late 1800s
- 2014-04-23 Mario Kart 8 Demo Rumored For Release Ahead Of Official Game
- 2014-04-22 Theatrhythm Final Fantasy Curtain Call Confirmed
- 2014-04-22 New Fatal Frame For The Wii U Being Developed
- 2013-11-14 Watch All 30 Minutes Of The Latest Nintendo Direct Right Here
- 2013-11-07 Super Smash Bros. Wii U, 3DS Adds Marth To Its Roster Of Fighters
- 2013-10-30 Nintendo: Wii U Still Having A "Negative Impact" On Our Profits
- 2013-10-25 Nintendo Wii U Basic Set Gets Bundled With Skylanders Swap Force On Nov. 15
- 2013-10-23 Nintendo Wii U Deluxe Set Including New Super Mario Bros. U, Luigi U Starting Nov. 1