We think it’s safe to say Minecraft has been a complete success on the Xbox 360 as the last time we heard of its sales, it reached 5 million copies sold. Hearing a retail version of the game was being planned was no complete surprise to us considering how well the game has done in its digital format. The retail version of Minecraft is still coming, just not at the end of April as it was originally announced.
The retail version of Minecraft for the Xbox 360 has been hit with a delay in the U.S. and is expected to be released on June 4. The news comes directly from Microsoft’s Larry Hyrb, who is better known as Major Nelson, in a recently published tweet saying the reason for the delay is “in order to include the very latest content.”
Hyrb didn’t specify what content Microsoft specifically wanted to include in the retail version, but if we had to guess, we think it would be safe to say the new content 4J Studios included in title update 9, specifically The End, would probably make it into the retail version of Minecraft.
- 2014-04-11: Titanfall For Xbox 360 Will Not Be Coming To Games On Demand
- 2014-04-07: GoPro Channel Xbox 360 App Release Tomorrow
- 2014-04-06: Xbox 360 Emulation On Xbox One Mulled
- 2014-04-06: Titanfall For Xbox 360 Will Be A "True Experience"
- 2014-04-04: Minecraft For Xbox 360 Crosses The 12 Million Copies Sold Mark
- 2013-11-21: Minecraft Xbox 360 Skyrim Texture Pack Now Available
- 2013-11-18: Minecraft Xbox 360 Save File Transfers To Xbox One Currently In Development
- 2013-08-27: Minecraft Xbox 360 Title Update 12 Now Available
- 2013-08-21: Minecraft Xbox Update 12 Release Date Still Unknown
- 2013-08-12: Minecraft Xbox 360 Title Update 12 Full Changelog Released