Several days ago we reported that according to rumors, Samsung could be announcing the Galaxy S4 Mini shortly after the launch of the Galaxy S4. Now thanks to a fresh set of rumors, courtesy of the source of SamMobile, they claim that the Galaxy S4 Mini could be up for an announcement later this week, with plans to make the phone available towards the end of May or the beginning of June. For those unfamiliar with the Galaxy S4 Mini, assuming it is keeping to the tradition of the Galaxy S3 Mini, this smartphone will be a smaller, slightly less powerful and more affordable version of the Galaxy S4.
Its alleged specs include a smaller display at 4.3” qHD, an 8MP camera and will come with Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean on board. There is said to be two versions of the Galaxy S4 Mini available, one version that will allow a single SIM card as per usual, and another dual-SIM option. The former is rumored to feature a quad-core chipset while the latter will be dual-core. We’ll take this with a grain of salt for the moment, but check back with us later in the week to see if there are any announcements.
- 2014-04-16: Samsung Exec Felt Jobs' Death Was 'Best Opportunity' To Attack iPhone
- 2014-04-16: AT&T Galaxy S4 Active Android 4.4 Update Released
- 2014-04-16: Samsung Android Wear Smartwatch Expected Later This Year
- 2014-04-16: Samsung Shows Off Curved Batteries Used In The Gear Fit
- 2014-04-16: High-End Samsung Tizen Device To Arrive By End Of Q2 2014
- 2013-12-20: Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini La Fleur Edition To Arrive In Germany
- 2013-12-16: Samsung Galaxy S4 And Galaxy S4 Mini To Get "Black Editions" Come 2014 [Rumor]
- 2013-12-15: Verizon Galaxy S4 Mini Now Supports Galaxy Gear
- 2013-11-25: US Cellular Announces Availability Of Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini For $50
- 2013-11-21: Sprint To Offer Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini For $0 On Black Friday