Samsung has already confirmed that due to high global demand for the Galaxy S4, the launch will suffer delays as supplies are constrained Now it is being reported that the company won’t have Knox security software available at launch. Samsung showed off Knox at the Galaxy S4 launch event, its a software that provides enhanced security features for businesses who deploy Samsung’s latest flagship Android smartphone.
According to two people who are privy to the company’s plans, Samsung has delayed the release of Knox till summer. The company had said that this software will be available at launch, which is only a couple of days down the road, but the delay is inevitable as the company has reportedly decided to test the software further both internally and with its carrier partners. Samsung has confirmed the delay and said in a statement that while Knox’s entire framework components come standard on the Galaxy S4, full feature activation by solution providers and distribution channels will come at a later date. The company has refrained from providing a definitive release date for Knox security software.
- 2014-04-15: Know Your Samsung Gear Compatibility
- 2014-04-15: Samsung Galaxy S5 4K UHD Footage Recorded
- 2014-04-15: Galaxy S5 Versus HTC One M8, iPhone 5s, Nexus 5 In Torture Test
- 2014-04-15: Verizon Galaxy S5 Sale On Amazon Kicks Off
- 2014-04-15: Samsung Reportedly Expects To Ship 35M Galaxy S5 Units This Quarter
- 2014-04-02: Samsung Galaxy S5 Is Surprisingly Durable In Drop Test
- 2014-02-24: Galaxy S4 GT-I9505 Android 4.4.2 Update Released
- 2014-02-18: Samsung Galaxy S4 Value Edition Confirmed By Bluetooth SIG
- 2014-02-12: Sprint's Galaxy S4 Could Receive KitKat Update Tomorrow
- 2014-02-03: Samsung Galaxy S4 Trade-Ins Are Higher Than Before