Star Wars: Battlefront 3 is something that was meant to be, but it does not look too likely that it will ever be realized, in this age as well as the next. Still, this does not mean that we fans cannot dream or fantasize about it, and will have to make do with scraps from the table, including leaked footage of the secret Star Wars: Battlefront 3 project, also known as Version 2 from LucasArts.
Considering how LucasArts is no longer around, as the game developer is no longer the tour de force that it used to be, it has remained in existence only to function as a vehicle to license the highly profitable Star Wars property out to other developers. It looks like Star Wars 1313 is not the only project that LucasArts were working on, as “Project 2″ or “Version 2” was meant to end up as Star Wars: Battlefront 3, according to original intentions. The video depicted a fair number of Stormtroopers who hopped aboard different vehicles before blasting away to battle the pesky rebels, and there is a slew of rides in there that would send any self-respecting Star Wars fan crying, wondering why Star Wars: Battlefront 3 never made it to the finish line.
Next Story: Xbox SmartGlass Updated For Android Platform
- 2014-03-25: Star Wars Pinball To Receive Four More Tables
- 2014-02-13: Last Star Wars: The Clone Wars’ Season Arrives On Netflix This March 7
- 2014-01-19: Star Wars 1313 Trademark Abandoned By Disney
- 2014-01-15: Use The Force To Discover The Nissan Juke
- 2013-12-17: Star Wars: Attack Squadrons Runs On A Free-To-Play Model
- 2013-05-07: EA Star Wars Titles Won't Come To Nintendo Wii U
- 2013-05-06: EA Will Exclusively Develop Future Star Wars Games
- 2013-04-04: Star Wars 1313 Production Has Been 'Halted'
- 2013-04-03: Disney Pulls The Plug On LucasArts, Star Wars Titles Will Be Licensed
- 2013-01-17: Star Wars 1313 Not Coming This Year After All