It has been announced that SimCity’s first major update will be released on the 22nd of April. The update brings a plethora of fixes as well as little tweaks that will make the user experience better. Electronic Arts says that “The wait will be worth it,” adding that after the update cities should process more properly and many of SimCity’s game processes, such as education, disasters, tourism etc will receive bug fixes. This update also brings the important fix for HUD in colorblind mode.
This update will require service downtime for a couple of hours, downtime begins from 4PM E.T. The company says that this particular time was chosen after reviewing peak playing hours. Despite receiving much criticism, SimCity has already sold over 1.3 million copies for PC since March, when it was initially launched. SimCity has been criticized a lot for its always-on DRM as well as it being plagued with issues immediately after its release. The entire list of changes that this new update brings is quite long, it can be viewed by clicking through the source link given below.
- 2014-03-18: SimCity Offline Is Now Playable
- 2014-01-14: SimCity Lead Engineer Explains Why Offline Mode Took So Long
- 2014-01-13: SimCity Offline Announced
- 2013-10-06: SimCity Offline Mode Is Under 'Exploration'
- 2013-09-20: SimCity: Cities Of Tomorrow Expansion Pack Releasing On November 12
- 2013-08-30: SimCity For Mac Suffers From Numerous Bugs Shortly After Release [Update]
- 2013-07-01: EA Asks For $9 In Exchange Of Airships And Balloons In SimCity
- 2013-06-07: SimCity For Mac Delayed Until August