We caught wind of a preview version of Skype being announced for the BlackBerry Q10 yesterday, and unsurprisingly, one of the most popular communication tools in the world has officially launched on the device.
Skype for BlackBerry Q10 will of course make full use of the device’s physical QWERTY keyboard and will offer many of the services you have come to expect from the software. Free video and voice calling, instant messages, text messages and being able to call landlines and mobiles all over the world, for a fee, of course. The release is being launched as a preview, so keep that in mind if you happen to find any bugs or accidentally instant message your mother with a personal message you meant to send to your significant other.
We’ve been hearing of Skype’s upcoming release on the BlackBerry 10 platform, so we find it kind of odd the company would release it for the yet-to-be-released BlackBerry Q10, especially when BlackBerry Z10 owners have been impatiently waiting for their turn with the software. Skype addressed BlackBerry Z10 owners by saying the software will be made available in the new BlackBerry 10.1 OS.RELATED
- Samsung Galaxy F Series Is In The Works: Eldar Murtazin
- Bluetooth 4.1 Features Revealed
- President Barack Obama Has No iPhone Due To “Security Reasons”
- Google Search Updated, Will Launch Apps From Search Results
- Alleged Prototype Official iPhone 5s Case Resembles The iPhone 5c
- Follow: blackberry, BlackBerry Q10, BlackBerry Z10, skype,
- Seen at: blogs.skype