We have read and heard a whole lot about the BlackBerry Q10 in recent days, especially bits and pieces of information concerning its launch price here in the US. Well, some say that the BlackBerry Q10 is a rather niche device that would have a special segment of the market partial towards it, and we think that we prefer to let time be the judge. Having said that, having the best hardware in the world is not going to save you or the platform unless there is the presence of decent software going for it. Case in point, a preview version of Skype for BlackBerry Q10 has been announced.
Definitely Skype would be one of the higher anticipated apps to be announced, especially when the BlackBerry Q10 is all set to arrive on Canadian soil on the first day of May next month. Apart from Skype, what other top notch apps will make their way to this particular platform? Apparently, BlackBerry mentioned in their “New-App Wednesday” mailing list that Facebook, Foursquare, LinkedIn, Twitter, Nobex Radio, Box, Dropbox and Angry Birds, too, will make the cut for the QWERTY device. Bear in mind that Skype for BlackBerry 10 is available in BlackBerry World, albeit for the BlackBerry Q10 and Dev Alpha C only so Z10 owners will have to sit it out for the moment.
- 2014-04-23 Russia ‘Anti-Terrorism’ Laws Might Make Skype, Gmail, Facebook Illegal
- 2014-04-14 Voxeet 2.0 with Dial-in Support and Voxeet for Mac - Review
- 2014-04-10 Skype For Xbox One Getting Update Next Week
- 2014-04-08 Skype For Modern Windows 2.7 Introduces New Features
- 2014-04-02 Skype For Windows Phone 8.1, Windows 8.1 Announced
- 2013-04-26 Skype Launches On BlackBerry 10, But Only On The BlackBerry Q10