Back in March we reported that according to an interview, it was suggested that the PlayStation 4 could see a release before November 2013, and sure enough it turned out to be true. Sony has apparently confirmed this themselves via an interview with a newspaper. British publication, The Sun, reportedly interviewed Sony’s CEO of gaming, Andrew House, and in their article claim that House stated that the console would be released in October and that it would cost around 300 GBP, which is about $450 when converted.
It should be noted that the article did not actually quote Andrew House on any of these statements, so their conclusion might have simply have been their own interpretation, rather than House’s actual statements/confirmation. In any case like we said earlier, the interview with Assassin’s Creed 4: Black Flag’s director did hint that the console could be released before November, so there is a chance that the October release could be true, although the pricing bit might have been a bit off. In any case what do you guys think? Is $450 a fair price to ask for the Sony PlayStation 4?
- 2014-04-17: Xperia Z, ZL, ZR And Tablet Z Receive Android 4.4 Next Month
- 2014-04-17: PS4 Update 1.70 To Feature SHAREfactory
- 2014-04-16: Sony Has Difficulty Meeting Demand For The PS4
- 2014-04-16: Sony's PS4 Sales Crosses The 7 Million Mark
- 2014-04-16: Sony Xperia SP Users Experiencing Screen Flickering After Recent Update
- 2014-02-03: PS4 Update 1.60: Headset Support, Gold Wireless Headset Coming “Soon”
- 2013-12-06: 8-Hour PSN Maintenance Taking Place On December 9
- 2013-11-20: This Gamer's PS4 Remains Untouched After A Tornado Destroyed His Home
- 2013-11-19: Sony's $399 PS4 Costs $381 To Build [Report]
- 2013-11-18: PS4 Blue Light Of Death Fixes Suggested By Sony