While wireless charging on smartphones still isn’t as “free” as we’d like it to be, we guess the lack of cables does help a bit in terms of keeping desks clutter-free. In any case if you own the Sony Xperia Z and you were looking for a little wireless charging action, Ipan Ipan has announced a wireless charging case for the Sony Xperia Z that will play nice with Qi wireless charging platforms. The best part is that this case will also double as a protective case for your Xperia Z, so not only do you get wireless charging action, but you get a measure of protection as well. As you can see in the image above, it is a flip cover case and the wireless charging module will be hidden in the back. According to the company, it seems that designing a wireless charging case for the Xperia Z was not easy.
Since the back part of the phone is non-removable and made from glass, they could not employ the same techniques used by other manufacturers, such as simply replacing the battery cover door with one with a wireless charging module installed. Instead the company had to go with the 2-pin connector which is normally used by the Xperia Z’s docking station. If the Ipan Ipan wireless charging case for the Sony Xperia Z sounds like something you might be interested it, it is retailing for 39 EUR for the case alone, or 89 EUR for the case and the charging pad. Head on over to Ipan Ipan’s website for the details.
- 2014-04-11: Sony Vaio Fit 11A Recall Because Of Battery Overheating Risk
- 2014-04-11: Sony Unveils H1Z1, Upcoming Zombie MMO Title
- 2014-04-10: Sony A7s Priced In The UK At £2,500 Body-Only
- 2014-04-08: Improved PS Vita In Borderlands 2 Bundle Hits The US This May 6
- 2014-04-08: DxoMark Finds Sony Xperia Z2 To Have The Best Camera At The Moment
- 2014-03-28: Sony's CP-W5 Wireless Charger Also Comes With A 5,000mAh Battery
- 2014-03-03: T-Mobile Xperia Z Android 4.3 Update Released
- 2013-08-13: 100 Sony Xperia Z Handsets Used In A Fashion Project
- 2013-08-06: Sony XPERIA Z Users Complain of Build Quality in Forums
- 2013-08-01: Sony Shipped 9.6 Million Smartphones Last Quarter