We do know that Sony Mobile has been rather anxious to roll out the Android 4.1 Jelly Bean operating system update for the masses, especially for the Xperia P, Xperia go and Xperia E dual for some time already, and this time, it is for real, as Sony Mobile has officially announced that this rollout for all three of the mentioned smartphones will begin sometime this week. Do bear in mind that some patience is required, considering how this will be achieved in phases, and the rollout process will ramp up over this month and the next.
Of course, other than the benefits of Android 4.1 Jelly Bean that we already know such as Google Now, the latest update will also deliver its fair share of different and improved Sony features, such as more intuitive versions of Sony Media apps (can you say Walkman, Album and Movies?), a new Battery Stamina Mode to let your smartphone last longer than ever before, and the ability to organize and look for your apps in a more efficient manner among others. Are you stoked yet?
- 2014-04-15: God Of War Collection Arriving For The PS Vita
- 2014-04-15: Mysterious Sony D6603 Spotted In Screenshot
- 2014-04-14: Sony Xperia Z2 Pre-Orders Reopened In Europe
- 2014-04-11: Sony Vaio Fit 11A Recall Because Of Battery Overheating Risk
- 2014-04-11: Sony Unveils H1Z1, Upcoming Zombie MMO Title
- 2014-03-26: Sony Xperia M Gets Android 4.3 Jelly Bean Update
- 2013-10-09: Sony Xperia Z1, Xperia SP, To Receive Android Updates (Rumor)
- 2013-04-21: Xperia P And Xperia Go About To Receive Jelly Bean Update Real Soon
- 2012-12-17: Sony Shares Jelly Bean Update Plans
- 2012-07-26: Sony 2011 Xperia phones not getting Jelly Bean update?