As unfortunate as it was to hear Splinter Cell: Blacklist was delayed until August 20, we can certainly forgive Ubisoft for pushing back the game’s release date considering how awesome it’s turning out to be so far. Ubisoft confirmed earlier this month a Wii U version would also be made available, and this week, they released a new game trailer that highlights all of the unique gameplay mechanics you can expect in this version of the game.
In the Wii U version of Splinter Cell: Blacklist, you’ll be using the Wii U GamePad in a number of ways that allow you to manipulate Sam Fisher’s gadgets, like controlling drones and operating spy cameras, as well as be able to access your inventory on the fly. Players will also be able to mark their targets from the GamePad, to then execute them, which we assume would have been the result of marking them in the game. You never see anyone marking an enemy to throw them a surprise bar mitzvah, do you?
- 2014-04-15: Wii Remote Plus Controller Gets Princess Peach Theme
- 2014-04-13: Watch Dogs For Wii U Pegged For Fall 2014
- 2014-04-03: Mario Kart 8 Will Run At 30fps With 3-4 Players
- 2014-04-01: EA Apologizes To Nintendo For "Unacceptable" Wii U Joke
- 2014-03-24: Redbox May Offer PS4, Xbox One And Wii U Rentals Soon
- 2014-02-11: Watch Dogs For Wii U Will Be Delayed
- 2014-02-04: Wii U Will Not Be Able To Replicate Wii's Success, Admits Nintendo
- 2013-10-01: Wii U Updated To Allow Off-Screen Play For Wii Games
- 2013-04-10: Rayman Legends Wii U Demo Coming In Late April With Four Levels
- 2013-04-10: Splinter Cell: Blacklist Confirmed For Wii U To Launch On August 20