All may not be right in the galaxy now that Disney has pulled the plug on LucasArts, at least they’re currently working on a new Star Wars film which all of the original actors seem to be a part of. The last Star Wars film to be released was Episode III: Revenge of the Sith, which was released back in 2005, but it looks as though Disney is planning to release additional Star Wars films on a more regular basis.
Walt Disney Co.’s chairman Alan Horn announced the news during CinemaCon they would begin to roll out Star Wars films starting in 2015 with main series films expected every other year, while in-between those main films we’ll see character-focused films. In other words, we can expect Star Wars: Episode 7 to be release in 2015, then a character-focused film in 2016, Episode 8 in 2017, and so on.
This kind of schedule would certainly please Star Wars fans as waiting several years for a film to be released has been torturous, especially if the film doesn’t turn out to be as good as fans would have hoped for, *cough* Episode I *cough*.RELATED
- Study Finds That Fast Typists Might Not Even Remember Where The Keys Are Located
- AmazonFresh San Francisco Launch Possible Next Week
- China Bans Bitcoin Transactions Among Banks
- Microsoft CEO Candidate Alan Mulally Likely To Remain At Ford Through 2014
- Virtual Wall Could Prevent Oil Spills
- Follow: disney, star wars,
- Seen at: comingsoon.net