Finally after all these years, T-Mobile will be getting the iPhone on their network, in an official capacity at the very least. The phone will be launching on the carrier’s network come 12th of April, next Friday, but in the meantime for those who can’t wait and want to reserve their device, it seems that T-Mobile has opened up the doors to pre-orders. For those who forgot, or if you’re hearing this for the first time, the iPhone 5 will be part of T-Mobile’s new mobile phone plan which basically does away with contracts and device subsidies.
Instead customers are expected to make a deposit on the device and eventually pay for it over the course of installments. Technically we guess this would be like a contract of sorts, so take what you will from T-Mobile’s new strategy. In any case the phone itself will cost $99.99 and customers will have to make repayments over the 24 months. Either that or customers can just fork out $579.99 to get the phone minus the installment plan.
- 2014-04-14: T-Mobile Abolishes Consumer Overages
- 2014-04-14: T-Mobile CEO Reveals Gold Samsung Galaxy S5
- 2014-04-13: Nokia Monarch Could Be T-Mobile's Lumia 635
- 2014-04-11: T-Mobile Offering BlackBerry Users $200 To "Upgrade" To Samsung
- 2014-04-10: T-Mobile Announces Operation Tablet Freedom
- 2013-07-03: T-Mobile iPhone 5 Price Apparently Changed Once Again
- 2013-05-13: T-Mobile iPhone 5 Down Payment Price Raised To $149
- 2013-05-13: Hackers Mod T-Mobile's Carrier Update To Boost iPhone 5 Speeds
- 2013-05-08: T-Mobile Moves Half A Million iPhone 5s In The First Month
- 2013-04-15: iPhone 5 Brought T-Mobile One Of Its Biggest Launch Weekend