The other day we reported that the shareholders of MetroPCS have given the T-Mobile/MetroPCS merger their blessings to proceed. We were also wondering if at that time would the deal be able to conclude in time as originally scheduled, which was targeted for completion around mid-year. Surprisingly it seems that despite a tiny setback from their shareholders, the CEO of Deutsche Telekom, the parent company of T-Mobile USA, has announced that the merger has been made official and will officially take place on the 1st of May! According to the statement:
We have accomplished a lot in the USA recently, for example our network modernization and the new T-Mobile USA management team, which has seen considerable success. And we have finalized the contracts with Apple and MetroPCS. The merger with MetroPCS is extremely important, since it enables us to be more aggressive in the USA.
We’re sure that customers of both T-Mobile and MetroPCS are eager to see what sort of new deals that they can benefit from based on this merger, but we guess we will probably have to wait until the 1st of May before the details are revealed! In the meantime, any T-Mobile/MetroPCS subscribers out there excited by this merger?
- 2014-04-13: Nokia Monarch Could Be T-Mobile's Lumia 635
- 2014-04-11: T-Mobile Offering BlackBerry Users $200 To "Upgrade" To Samsung
- 2014-04-10: T-Mobile Announces Operation Tablet Freedom
- 2014-04-10: Press Render Of LG L90 For T-Mobile Leaked
- 2014-04-09: T-Mobile's "Simple Starter Plan" Lowers Entry Cost
- 2014-02-25: MetroPCS' Network To Be Decommissioned By End Of 2014
- 2013-07-26: MetroPCS Adds Nokia Lumia 521, LG Optimus F3 While Expanding Coverage
- 2013-06-13: T-Mobile UNcarrier "Phase 2" Expected To Launch On 23rd June
- 2013-06-12: MetroPCS Bring-Your-Own-Phone Program Launched
- 2013-06-04: MetroPCS To Get Two T-Mobile Branded Devices, Starts BYOP From 12th June