It was just the other day that many customers online have realized that handsets such as the Nokia Lumia 810 and the HTC 8X are no longer available via T-Mobile’s website, leaving many to speculate about the fate of either device. Thanks to the folks at TmoNews, they have managed to get their hands on what looks like a leaked document from the carrier, indicating that the Nokia Lumia 810 will be reaching an end of life status in May. However considering that the handset was removed from T-Mobile’s site in April, they are speculating that either the handset was removed early, or the carrier has run out of inventory and they have no plans of restocking, especially since we are only a couple of weeks away from May, the handset’s supposed EOL status.
No word on the HTC 8X as TmoNews’ source has informed them that there is no EOL date attached to the phone just yet. In any case the document also points to the successor of the Lumia 810 – the Lumia 521 which was announced back in February during MWC 2013. For those who forgot, the Lumia 521 will pack a 4” 800×480 display with 512MB of RAM, 8GB of storage, a 5MP camera with HD video capture, and HSPA+ 21Mbps connectivity.
- 2014-04-14: T-Mobile Abolishes Consumer Overages
- 2014-04-14: T-Mobile CEO Reveals Gold Samsung Galaxy S5
- 2014-04-13: Nokia Monarch Could Be T-Mobile's Lumia 635
- 2014-04-11: T-Mobile Offering BlackBerry Users $200 To "Upgrade" To Samsung
- 2014-04-10: T-Mobile Announces Operation Tablet Freedom
- 2014-02-13: T-Mobile To End Nokia Lumia 810 Updates
- 2013-10-31: T-Mobile Won't Offer Nokia's Latest Devices [Rumor]
- 2013-07-26: MetroPCS Adds Nokia Lumia 521, LG Optimus F3 While Expanding Coverage
- 2013-07-19: T-Mobile Testing GDR2 Update For Nokia Lumia 810