Despite the iPad sporting a pretty decent camera, the fact that the tablet is so big makes it something of a faux pas to use it to take photos in public. In fact there are many jokes on the internet that poke fun of people using iPads as their cameras. Either way it seems that using an iPad to snap photos at a girl’s softball tournament may have very well prevented some serious injury to this elderly gentleman. Snapping some photos of the game in action, a foul ball flew straight at him and had the iPad not been positioned in front of his face, well, the results would have been a lot bloodier and a lot less hilarious. Surprisingly the iPad was not damaged despite taking what appears to be a pretty heavy hit, and we have to agree with Gizmodo’s Leslie Horn in saying that this might be the universe’s way of telling this gentleman that perhaps it might be time to stop taking photos with the iPad!
- 2014-04-23 Apple Sells 43.7 Million iPhones, 16.3 Million iPads In Q2 2014
- 2014-04-23 iPad Dominates U.S. Tablet Market But Others Are Catching Up
- 2014-04-21 Former Apple Exec Thinks The iPad Needs To Be More MacBook-like
- 2014-04-18 Next-Gen iPad Air Spotted In Leaked Photos (Rumor)
- 2014-04-16 Hearthstone: Heroes Of Warcraft Arrives On The iPad