While lighting in our homes serve as a way to illuminate, other times lights can be used for decorative purposes, as well as to set the mood. If you’re looking for a unique lamp for your home, this lamp made by Paul Foeckler at Split Grain might be of interest to you. As you can see in the photo above, this lamp is by no means conventional and we doubt that you would be using it for a bedside reading lamp, but if you’re in the market for a conversational piece, we think this might get the job done. Made from pieces of California cypress trees, it features a white LED lamp and is carved entirely handmade, clocking in over 50 hours just to complete this piece. It looks pretty awesome and will help warmth to a room, but unfortunately there is only one unit available and it will cost you a whopping $750. If you’d like to check out more photos or read more about this lamp sculpture, head on over to Foeckler’s Etsy page for the details.
- 2013-12-16: Philips' SlimStyle LED Bulb Available Jan. 2 For Under $10
- 2013-12-04: NAVIGATE Jacket Uses LEDs, Haptic Feedback To Help Direct Its Wearer
- 2013-10-24: Philips Introduces LED Lighting System To Help Comfort Intensive Care Patients
- 2013-10-20: China Introduces Li-Fi Bulb That Lets You Go Online
- 2013-09-03: Video Game Book Covers Will Make Your Collection Look More Literate
- 2013-08-28: Fo̱s Wearable LED Display Targets Athletes As Target Market