So we know that Valve’s Team Fortress 2 will play nice with the Oculus Rift virtual reality headset, ultimately providing gamers with an extremely immersive gaming experience. While we have no idea what the experience is like, the team at Tested managed to get their hands on the headset and had the opportunity to try their hand at Team Fortress 2 with the headset on, recording a little over 30 minutes of gameplay footage for the good folks on the internet to see. Granted this isn’t exactly the same as trying it out yourself, but the descriptive comments should be able to give you a rough idea of what you might be able to expect, assuming you are one of the few people who have backed up the Oculus Rift Kickstarter project. The video itself is pretty lengthy, around 44 minutes so you might want to grab some popcorn if you plan to watch this from start to end, but if you don’t want the time to spare, skip on ahead to around the 5 minute mark where the headset is fired up.
- 2014-04-22 NeuroGaming Conference And Expo Takes Gaming To The Next Level
- 2014-04-16 Facebook Acquisition Will Make Sense In A Year, According To Oculus VR's Founder
- 2014-04-15 80,000 Oculus Rift Devices Have Been Sold to Date
- 2014-04-14 Oculus VR Founder Thinks Television Will Be Irrelevant In The Future
- 2014-04-14 Nature Documentary Being Filmed Specifically For The Oculus Rift
- 2014-03-30 Oculus Rift Team Hit With Death Threats Following Facebook Acquisition