Only recently Facebook announced Home, its latest software offering for Android. Its a custom skin that sits on top of the core Android OS, without making any changes to the underlying OS, Home presents its users a new way to interact with their friends as well as their smartphones. So many people have been asking whether Twitter will follow suit? Will it ever release an app that offers functionality similar to that of Home? Well it certainly is a possibility.
Michael Sippey, the vice president of product at Twitter, said that there were a lot of things that the company was looking at in Android as well as across all of their applications so as to make it easier for users to discover tweets. He says that he does want to see tweets on the lock screen and on the home screen. It remains to be seen whether Twitter will also indulge in creating a skin for Android devices like Facebook did, or whether it will partner up with a manufacturer to release a feature smartphone? Only time will tell.
Next Story: iTunes Has 63% Share In Digital Music Market
- 2014-04-16: Twitter Picks Up Gnip
- 2014-04-15: Turkey And Twitter Have Not Arrived At Any Tax Deal Yet
- 2014-04-14: American Airlines Receives Additional Bomb Threats After Dutch Girl’s Arrest
- 2014-04-14: US Airways Tweets Apology To Customer
- 2014-04-14: Girl Tweets Mock Threat At American Airlines, Gets Arrested
- 2013-06-06: Facebook Home Update Brings 'Favorites Tray' For Your Apps
- 2013-05-09: New Facebook Home Features Detailed Ahead Of Update Release
- 2013-04-29: Android Design Head Praises Facebook Home's Attention To Design
- 2013-04-16: Facebook 6.0 For iOS Brings Chat Heads And More
- 2013-04-16: First Facebook Home Update Coming Mid-May