Late last night, Twitter announced it had acquired We Are Hunted, which is a music startup based in San Francisco. The acquisition had many believing a Twitter Music service would soon be launched, which actually has happened, but unfortunately for the average person, there’s no way you can use it right now.
It seems the Twitter Music iOS app has been officially launched, but it isn’t available for the masses and is instead only available to “influencers” at this time. One of the first “influencers” to talk about the service is Ryan Seacrest, which of course he took to Twitter to voice his thoughts on the service. In his message, Seacrest says, “playing with @twitter‘s new music app (yes it’s real!)…there’s a serious dance party happening at idol right now.” Quite the riveting hands-on demo.
If you’re dying to get your hands on Twitter Music, reports are coming in saying we should expect the service to launch in the coming week. If you really want the app before anyone else gets it, we guess you could always star in a reality TV show over the weekend and hope the folks at Twitter deem you entertaining enough to be given access to the application.RELATED
- Apple EarPods Hit With Lawsuit From Hearing Aid Maker
- Braeburn's acoustic iPhone 5 dock amps your phone's sound naturally
- Google Brings Its Free Siri Competitor to the iPhone
- Apogee introduces iPhone 4/4S mount with studio-quality condenser microphone for video recording
- The Pear dongle lets iOS speaker docks stream music via Bluetooth
- Follow: iOS, iPad, iPhone, ipod touch, twitter,
- Seen at: allthingsd