So the Nintendo Wii U has not been doing too hot in terms of sales figures, which could perhaps be attributed to birth pains, but that has not stopped Nintendo from announcing a new spring update recently with additional improvements thrown into the mix. We do know that Nintendo owes the Wii U community their Virtual Console, and here we are with news that the official download of fan-favorite SNES RPG Earthbound will be made available later this year, in addition to a list of the other Virtual Console launch titles for the Wii U.
Among the coterie of titles that used to be hugely popular on NES and SNES platforms include F-Zero, Super Mario World, Balloon Fight, Donkey Kong Jr., Excitebike, Ice Climber, Kirby’s Adventure, and Punch-Out II. These SNES Virtual Console titles will be priced no more than $8, while NES VC games are slightly cheaper at $6, tops. Nintendo’s pretty good at finding new ways for you to buy the same stuff over and over again, no?
Next Story: More Light On Nokia And HTC Microphone Snafu
- 2014-04-15: Wii Remote Plus Controller Gets Princess Peach Theme
- 2014-04-13: Watch Dogs For Wii U Pegged For Fall 2014
- 2014-04-03: Mario Kart 8 Will Run At 30fps With 3-4 Players
- 2014-04-01: EA Apologizes To Nintendo For "Unacceptable" Wii U Joke
- 2014-03-24: Redbox May Offer PS4, Xbox One And Wii U Rentals Soon
- 2014-03-24: Over 50 Unity Titles Developed For The Wii U
- 2014-03-06: Mario Kart 8 Limited Edition Revealed