Yesterday we reported that yet another Windows 8 build had been leaked on the internet. While it did not bring any substantial changes, the new Kiosk mode was discovered in this build. That’s not all though. References of Windows 8.1 Preview and Windows Server 2012 R2 have been unearthed in the code of this leaked build’s system files. The references mean it is highly likely that Windows Server 2012 and Windows RT users will also be included in the upcoming upgrade cycle.
Microsoft is expected to make a number of announcements relating to its latest software at the Build developer conference taking place in June. That’s not all, Microsoft is also expected to make some hardware related announcements as well, particularly about its 7 or 8-inch devices. Code from leaked Windows 8 build 9374 also points to Windows RT 8.1, this leads us to believe that Microsoft might launch Public Preview of Windows RT upgrade for tablets such as the Surface RT. In the past three weeks, three Windows 8 builds have been leaked. Perhaps more references to Windows 8.1 Preview and Windows Server 2012 R2 will be uncovered in any subsequent leaked builds.
[Image via Twitter]RELATED
- Chrome For Windows Gains Additional Password Security
- Google Santa Tracker App Announced
- Google Calendar Gets Smarter, Helps You Stay Up To Date
- 2 Million Passwords Compromised After Botnet Infection Spree
- ASUS VivoPC Windows 8-Powered Home Theater PC Now Available
- Follow: leak, Microsoft, Windows 8, windows 8.1,
- Seen at: theverge