After months of speculation and rumors about the next generation Xbox release date, Microsoft has finally confirmed when it will be making the official announcement. As we had reported a fortnight ago, the new Xbox will be announced on May 21st. Microsoft will be making this announcement at its Redmond headquarters. If you can’t personally attend the event at Redmond but would like to watch it, you can tune in to the event livestream on Xbox.com, Xbox Live or on Spike TV.
Microsoft says that the announcement of next generation Xbox will mark the beginning of a new generation of games, TV and entertainment. The May 21st event is said to be an intimate affair, the full unveil is expected for E3 conference which takes place in June. Microsoft says that at the conference in June, they will continue the conversation and showcase their full lineup of “blockbuster” games. There have been many rumors recently that perhaps Xbox 720 will require an always-on internet connection and that it won’t be backwards compatible. Some of these questions will definitely be answered on the 21st of May. Who’s excited?
[Thanks for the tip, Chris!]
- 2014-04-08: Xbox Head Phil Spencer Doesn't Think Microsoft Will Dump It
- 2014-04-08: HBO Offering Xbox Users Free Access To Game Of Thrones' Premiere
- 2014-04-07: Microsoft Working On Original Content For The Xbox
- 2014-03-31: Phil Spencer Takes Over Microsoft's Xbox Division
- 2014-03-20: Microsoft Plans On Rewarding Positive Behavior On Xbox Live
- 2013-06-12: Nyko Announces Xbox One, PS4 Accessories At E3
- 2013-06-11: The Elder Scrolls Online Headed To PS4, Xbox One In Spring 2014
- 2013-06-10: Microsoft E3 2013 Presentation Will Feature 20 Xbox Games
- 2013-06-05: Microsoft's Xbox E3 Trailer Revealed
- 2013-05-01: Microsoft Sends Out Invites For Pre-E3 Xbox Press Event On June 10