Chinese manufacturer Xiaomi is a name probably best known in the Asia region, such as China, Taiwan and Hong Kong. While relatively unknown to other regions in the world, Xiaomi produces some pretty impressive products, such as smartphones with hardware specs that could rival some of the top phones today. Unfortunately the bulk of Xiaomi’s business seems to lie in Asia, but perhaps not for long as the company has expressed their interest in going global.
Speaking at the D:Dive Into Mobile event in New York City, the company’s CEO, Bin Lin, stated that he plans to take his company global and expand beyond the China region. He also stated that the company expects to hit 15 million devices shipped in 2013, with some of the devices going to other countries besides their usual haunt. We’re not sure where they plan to expand to first, but if you have been impressed with what Xiaomi has unveiled so far, it is possible that we could see some Xiaomi phones make their way stateside sometime later this year.
- 2014-04-03: MIUI Express Brings A Taste Of Xiaomi To Your Android Phone
- 2014-04-02: Xiaomi Shows Off Pressy Lookalike For A Fraction Of The Price
- 2014-03-31: Xiaomi Has Sold 11 Million Smartphones So Far This Year
- 2014-03-30: Xiaomi Redmi Note Sells 100,000 Units In 34 Minutes
- 2014-03-23: Meizu Might Take On Xiaomi Redmi Note With Blue Charm Note