Sony did promise earlier that they will be rolling out the Android Jelly Bean update for the entire slew of Xperia-branded devices which were introduced last year, and of course, it goes without saying that in 2012, not every single device that was rolled out is guaranteed to be on the receiving end of a Jelly Bean update. Good to know that the folks over at Sony have announced via Twitter that they will confirm a Jelly Bean update for two more of their 2012 Xperia range smartphones, namely the Sony Xperia P and the Sony Xperia Go.
Right now, this particular update is in very final stages, and additional information concerning it will be delivered to the masses from next week onwards. Here is the tweet in all of its glory, “Just a quick update to say we hear you re: JB 4.1 for Xperia P & Go, (S, SL, acro S and ion). Work’s in v. final stage – more news next week.”
Other than that, we also know that the Xperia S, Xperia SL, Xperia acro S and the Xperia Ion. There are no additional details on when these handsets will be getting the update, but hopefully, it will be addressed sometime next week.
Next Story: AT&T Ads From 1993 Were Frighteningly Accurate
- 2014-03-26: Sony Xperia M Gets Android 4.3 Jelly Bean Update
- 2014-02-23: Sony Xperia M2 Mid-Range Smartphone
- 2014-02-23: Sony XPERIA Z2 Smartphone
- 2014-01-21: Sony Xperia Z Ultra Hits The FCC, Arrives As Wi-Fi Only “Tablet”
- 2014-01-19: Sony Xperia Z2 Purported Pictures Leak Online
- 2013-10-09: Sony Xperia Z1, Xperia SP, To Receive Android Updates (Rumor)
- 2013-04-24: Sony’s Jelly Bean Fest For Their Smartphones
- 2012-12-17: Sony Shares Jelly Bean Update Plans
- 2012-07-26: Sony 2011 Xperia phones not getting Jelly Bean update?