It is not more than a week ever since Yahoo announced that they managed to snag exclusive rights to stream Saturday Night Live clips – all 38 seasons of it to be exact, but it seems that Yahoo has far more up their sleeves than what we originally thought. At the Digital Content NewFront event, Yahoo decided to follow in the footsteps of Netflix by announcing that its original comedy lineup will be rolled out in a “binge-viewing” style later this fall, throwing in the likes of Tiny Commando, We Need Help and Losing Your Virginity with John Stamos along the way. Not only that, those who love lifestyle programs will also be pleased to know that Fashion Recipe, Cinema & Spice and Grill Girls will soon make their debut online as well sometime later in the year.
Not only that, Yahoo has also inked a deal with the WWE in order to roll out an online wrestling hub from this summer onwards, where this hub will comprise of clips, a 30-minute Monday Night Raw pre-show, a couple of original weekly shows with 50 episodes each year, an archive that is full of historic matches, among others. Not only that, folks in Sunnyvale are also tipped to gain the capability of streaming video content from Conde Nast Entertainment. Summer’s going to be full of entertainment, again! [Press Release]
Next Story: Baseball Robot Has 100,000 Neuron Fake Brain
- 2014-04-15: Yahoo And Vevo Partner Up For Original Music Programming
- 2014-04-07: Yahoo Planning To Acquire High-End Original Programming [Report]
- 2014-04-02: Yahoo Works On Encrypting Their Services
- 2014-04-01: Yahoo's Charge Against YouTube May Be Fuelled By $300 Million Acquisition
- 2014-03-30: Yahoo Poaching YouTube Stars, Working On Rival [Report]