This past weekend, Coachella chose YouTube to be the platform to stream its concerts all over the world, which we’re sure a number of you might have caught, that is, if you weren’t outside enjoying the spring weather. Now that Coachella is over, what better time to make its live-streaming feature available onto its iOS YouTube application than right now.
YouTube for iOS version 1.3 is now live on the App Store which adds a number of improvements such as being able to quickly access new uploads from the “My Subscriptions” feed on the Guide and the ability to queue up videos to play on your TV through the app’s Send to TV feature. But by far, the most exciting addition in today’s update has to be the ability to stream live content to your YouTube app.
Just to make sure there’s no confusion here as today’s update makes it possible to access live streams, not create live streams. So if you were hoping to live stream you watching last night’s episode of Game of Thrones while making witty comments, it looks like you’ll have to go elsewhere.RELATED
- HBO GO Now Supports Google Chromecast Across iOS, Android, Web
- Porsche Design Re-Imagines The BlackBerry Z10 Costing $2,400
- Digg iOS App Updated With Digg Video Support
- Nexus 5 Compared To Previously Released Nexus Phones [Video]
- Spoiler Shield Censors Your Facebook, Twitter Feeds So You Don't Read Spoilers
- Follow: Google, iOS, iPad, iPhone, ipod touch, live streaming, streaming video, YouTube,