Earlier today we reported that the ZTE Geek smartphone was spotted at IDF Beijing. Moments ago ZTE officially announced the Geek smartphone at the conference. It is the first ZTE smartphone powered by Intel’s new 32nm Atom Z2580 processor. The 2.0Ghz Clover Trail+ Processor is said to be twice as fast for computing and thrice as fast for graphics. It also consumes less power then Intel’s previous processor.
The ZTE Geek smartphone runs Android Jelly Bean, has a 5-inch HD display with a resolution of 1280 x 720. There’s 8GB of onboard storage and 1GB of RAM. It has a 2,300 mAh large-capacity battery. On the back there’s an 8 megapixel camera with an LED supplement light. A 1 megapixel camera can be found at the front. Apart from the Geek, ZTE is also showcasing its V98 tablet and Grand X In smartphone at the conference. Both of these devices have chips provided by Intel. Price or availability information for ZTE Geek has not been announced as of now. It remains to be seen whether or not the company releases this smartphone in markets other than Asia.
- 2014-04-17 Chinese Manufacturers Gear Up To Rain On OnePlus' Parade
- 2014-04-14 ZTE Star 1 Box Spotted
- 2014-04-08 ZTE Apollo Could Be 64-Bit Android Smartphone
- 2014-03-28 ZTE Grand S II To Get 4GB RAM (Rumor)
- 2014-03-25 ZTE Nubia X6 Announced In China
- 2013-04-10 Intel-powered ZTE Geek Android Smartphone Spotted At IDF Beijing
- 2013-03-06 ZTE And Intel Partner Up To Launch Atom Z2580-based Smartphones
- 2011-04-15 LG to create MeeGo smartphones
- 2011-04-11 Intel to design smartphones for ZTE?
- 2010-04-12 WiMAX 2 Coming Later This Year