There are plenty of places where one is able to purchase digital music, although for the most part, many people equate digital music purchases to iTunes, and rightfully so considering that many artists and groups make their songs available on Apple’s digital music platform alongside physical copies as well. However it looks like Blackberry World could catchup to iTunes in terms of digital music purchases, at least that’s what’s being inferred from a statement made by Charlie Miller, Blackberry’s Director of Alliances (via TrustedReviews).
According to Miller, a good 20% of the purchases made from Blackberry World is music, which is pretty significant considering that Blackberry World also plays home to other digital Blackberry products, such as apps for instance. Miller goes on to state that singles are still the most popular form of music purchase, but sales of full albums are starting to catch on as well, and that their music sales are notably higher than their competitors “proportionally”, although he declined to name any of them. Blackberry users out there do you agree with that figure? Do you find yourself purchasing your music from Blackberry World more often than not?
- 2014-04-16: BlackBerry 10.2.1 Software Update Hits Q10 And Z10
- 2014-04-15: BlackBerry And NantHealth Team Up For Healthcare-Specific Smartphone
- 2014-04-15: BlackBerry Will Shift Focus To High-End QWERTY Handsets
- 2014-04-14: BlackBerry Security Patches For iOS And Android BBM Apps To Prevent Heartbleed Exploits
- 2014-04-14: BlackBerry Pushing For Immediate Ban Of Typo Keyboard Sales
- 2013-01-31: 40% Of BlackBerry 10 Apps Are Android Ports
- 2012-02-15: BlackBerry World 2012 registration now open
- 2011-05-02: Facebook app for BlackBerry PlayBook announced