Alaska Airlines has updated its iOS application to support Apple’s Passbook app for its boarding passes. These electronic boarding passes can be dynamically updated with gate numbers, changed seats and flight times. Travelers will now be able to save their Alaska Airlines boarding passes in the Passbook app through the airline’s website or updated iOS app. Once they reach the airport their boarding passes will pop up on the device’s lock screen.
The updated Alaska Airlines app will also send users push notifications related to flight alerts and check-in reminders. The app will display a scanable QR code and will have an “Add to Passbook” button for generating and saving digital boarding passes in Passbook app. Apple debuted the Passbook app last year when it announced iOS 6, its capable of handling e-tickets, reward cards and a lot more. While the company has not released any official figures, it is believed that Passbook support is gradually being adopted by many service providers. The updated Alaska Airlines app for iPhone, iPad and iPod touch is available as a free download from iTunes App Store.RELATED
- Newsmy Navigation Announces CarPad II Android-Powered DVD Navigation Tool
- Man Willing To Sell A Testicle For A Nissan 370Z
- Nissan Leaf Owner Arrested For Stealing Five Cents Worth Of Electricity
- Honda Gets Deeper iOS Integration With Display Audio
- Spike Away Vest Keeps You Safe From Cramped Commutes