Amazon has announced that it is now rolling out Amazon Coins for Kindle Fire tablet owners. These coins can be used for purchasing apps and games as well as making in-app purchases on the tablet. In celebration of this launch, the company will be giving 500 Amazon Coins, worth $5, to all existing and new Kindle Fire tablet owners in the U.S. These Coins will be automatically deposited in their Amazon accounts. It was back in February when Amazon Coins were first unveiled.
Those who purchase Amazon Coins in bulk will be able to get discounts of up to 10%. To avail such a discount, orders for at least 5000 Coins has to be placed, which are valued at $45. These Coins are not only a way for users to save money on their app purchases by buying in bulk, they are also a new revenue stream for developers who encourage in-app spending. Developers get to keep 70% of the profits of all purchases made through Amazon Coins. The new virtual currency offers obvious benefits for the users, as it is fast and easy to use for making payments.
Next Story: “Greatness Awaits” Could Be PS4’s Rallying Cry
- 2014-04-16: Amazon Cloud Drive Users Can Now See Documents Stored On A Kindle
- 2014-04-15: Verizon Galaxy S5 Sale On Amazon Kicks Off
- 2014-04-15: Amazon Smartphone Spotted
- 2014-04-13: Amazon Working On Eighth Generation Of Delivery Drones
- 2014-04-13: Fire TV Sells Out Due To High Demand, Unit Sales Figures Not Disclosed