Amazon has yet to make its official splash in China with its Kindle devices, but a new report claims the company is considering bringing them to the country next month.
Chinese blog site Sina Tech is citing “multiple sources” saying Amazon is planning to officially launch its Kindle Fire tablet and Kindle e-readers in China on June 7. Amazon is expected to sell its Kindle Fire HD for 1400 to 1500 yuan ($228 to $244) while its Kindle Paperwhite Wi-Fi e-reader is expected to retail for 849 yuan ($138) and will be sold through Chinese online retailer Suning.
Amazon has made some moves in China over the past couple of months as they opened an online Kindle Store for customers in China as well as expanding its Android appstore to allow Chinese users to download both free and paid applications. Expanding its hardware into China would certainly help the company make its Kindle Store and applications more popular.
- Microsoft Rumored To Be Launching Low-Cost Windows Tablets In India
- Galaxy NotePro 12.2 & G Pad 8.3 Pegged For 6th March Launch On Verizon [Rumor]
- Microsoft Surface Mini Rumored For June Announcement
- Alleged Sony Xperia Z2 Tablet Specs Leaked
- iPad Pro Rumored For 2015 Release, iPad Mini Might Be Discontinued