Ever since it launched the first iPhone back in 2007, Apple has achieved a number of significant milestones. It has moved record numbers of products each quarter, raked in record breaking profits year after year and also briefly clinched the title of the world’s most valuable company. Apple is about to achieve yet another milestone in the near future. The app download count from iTunes App Store is going to reach and cross 50 billion soon, and to celebrate this phenomenal milestone, Apple has set up a countdown.
Whosoever downloads the 50 billionth app from iTunes App Store will receive a $10,000 Apple Store gift card. That’s not all, the next 50 customers who download apps after the 50 billionth one will be given App Store gift cards worth $500. Back in February last year, the company launched a similar countdown when the App Store was about to hit 25 billion downloads. This goes to show that app downloads have nearly doubled in just one year alone. There’s absolutely no slowing down the fastest growing app ecosystem, which not only contributes a substantial amount to Apple’s revenues, but is also a staple source of income for many developers around the world.
- 2014-01-30 Intel AppUp Bids Adieu
- 2014-01-07 Apple App Store Downloads Top $10 Billion
- 2013-12-16 'No Better' Lorde Single Given Away Free By Apple
- 2013-11-26 Apple Tweaks App Store Search Engine To Disregard Spelling Mistakes
- 2013-09-17 Apple Allows Aging iOS Devices To Download Last Compatible Version Of Apps