The existence of Apple’s alleged iWatch device remains unknown at this point in time, but that hasn’t stopped the rumors from making their rounds, and if you were hoping to see such a device in 2013, think again. According to KGI Securities analyst, Ming-Chi Kuo, who has had a pretty decent track record when it comes to Apple rumors and such, the earliest we might be able to see the alleged iWatch is only in 2014. So what’s the hold up, you ask?
Well according to Kuo, Apple might be finding it a bit hard to get enough resources to make an iOS version that will play nicely with the new form factor of the iWatch’s alleged 1.5” display. Considering that previous rumors had suggested that Apple is pulling members from the OS X team to help with iOS 7, we wouldn’t be surprised if Apple really couldn’t spare the manpower for another team to help shrink iOS down to fit on the device. Kuo also seems to believe that Apple will be modeling the first iWatch off the iPod nano design, which does make sense when it comes to watch sizes, is a bit disappointing as we might have expected something a little more different. In any case take it with a grain of salt for now, but check back with us later for more updates.
Next Story: Blackberry 10 Porsche P'9881 Concept
- 2014-04-14: iWatch Flexible OLED Display Rumored
- 2014-04-13: Insurance Companies Could Subsidize iWatch, According To Analyst
- 2014-04-09: High-End iWatch Could Cost Several Thousand Dollars [Rumor]
- 2014-04-09: iWatch Circuit Board Samples Reportedly Being Sent To Apple [Rumor]
- 2014-04-08: Apple iWatch Rumored For Q3 2014 Launch