A tablet is a tablet, is a tablet, right? Apparently not, as we have seen some other tablets in the past that was specially developed to handle certain functions, such as the QOOQ tablet that is meant to be your loyal companion in the kitchen. Archos must have felt that they could very well be on to something here, hence they have just announced the Archos ChefPad. As its name suggests, the ChefPad is a tablet that was specially designed for cooking enthusiasts, where this cooking assistant was built from ground up for the kitchen as well as those who want a little bit of personal entertainment.
Hardware specifications of the Archos ChefPad include a dual-core 1.6GHz processor, a quad-core graphics processor, both front and back cameras, 1080p video playback in addition to direct access to thousands of apps, videos, and music to cook by thanks to Google Play. The Archos ChefPad will come with a 9.7” display with Android 4.1 Jelly Bean as the operating system of choice, where it will hit the markets sometime from June onwards for $209.99 a pop. [Press Release]
- 2014-02-26: Archos CEO Accidentally Kills Phone During Demonstration
- 2014-02-20: Archos 50c Oxygen & 64 Xenon Smartphones Announced
- 2014-02-20: Archos 40b Titanium Is Aimed At The Music Lover
- 2014-02-20: Archos 80 Helium 4G Tablet Unveiled
- 2014-02-02: Archos Neon Trio Of Tablets Unveiled