Earlier today, we talked about how the Samsung Galaxy Note 2 from Verizon Wireless was on the receiving end of the Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean update, well, it seems that AT&T does not want to be left behind in the eternal war between all mobile carriers in the US, and from today onwards, Samsung’s Kies servers will also deliver Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean to AT&T customers who are using the first version of the smartphone/tablet hybrid in the market. Of course, with an update to Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean, this means one would be able to enjoy a slew of new features, with the main one being the introduction of Popup capabilities for notes, video and browsing.
Strangely enough, there was no mention of Google Now in AT&T’s changelog, as that is normally the first thing that would see mention in most Jelly Bean updates. Ah well, better late than never no? Of course, you can always make a beeline for the support page of AT&T’s Galaxy Note to check out the instructions on downloading and updating the software on your precious i717 (that is its codename) to give it some Jelly Bean goodness. Whoever said that good things do not come to those who wait?
Next Story: Raspberry Pi Gets Water Cooling Solution
- 2014-02-17 Samsung's Next Generation S Pen Could Feature Microphone And Speaker
- 2013-10-07 Samsung Galaxy Note Mini Reportedly Being Tested In India
- 2013-09-26 Samsung Has Sold More Than 40 Million Galaxy Notes
- 2013-05-30 HTC T6 Phablet Specs Reportedly Leaked
- 2013-05-13 Apple Won't Release Large Phone Until Next Year [Analyst]
- 2013-02-18 Samsung Galaxy Note Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean Update Arrives
- 2013-02-01 Samsung Galaxy Note Receiving Android Jelly Bean As Early As March 1
- 2013-01-15 Samsung Galaxy Note N7000 Getting Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean Update Is Untrue
- 2012-11-28 Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean For Galaxy Note GT-N7000 Leaked
- 2012-11-05 Samsung Galaxy Note N7000XXLS2 Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean leaked