If you read our post on Steve Kondik confirming that AT&T Samsung Galaxy S4 bootloader arrives locked, and wondered how long would it take for someone to unlock said bootloader, look no further as the AT&T Galaxy S4 bootloader has already been unlocked. Developers weren’t put off by the fact that AT&T was shipping S4 with locked bootloader, because it didn’t mean that it became unbreakable, it only causes delays for developers who will be creating custom ROMs for this latest smartphone.
Dan Rosenberg, a well known figure in the root/unlock arena, tweeted a photo earlier today confirming that he had unlocked the Galaxy S4 bootloader. In a Q&A published on xda, Dan has confirmed that it was the AT&T S4 that he cracked and it allows him to run custom kernels and recoveries. He has also made it clear that a release won’t be taking place until Verizon’s Galaxy S4 comes out later this month, Dan is almost certain this will work on Verizon’s variant as well, releasing it now would give the carrier an opportunity to plug it. Those who are willing to take advantage of this are advised not to install new Galaxy S4 software updates, though that might deprive them of, if any, crucial security and bug fixes so its really the user’s own decision.
- 2014-04-23 Samsung Galaxy K Gets Pictured In Leaked Photo
- 2014-04-23 Samsung's Bundled Android Apps Aren't Getting Much Love [Study]
- 2014-04-22 Samsung SM-T2588 Is An Unknown 7-Inch Device
- 2014-04-22 Samsung Galaxy Note Pro Gets FCC Approval
- 2014-04-22 Samsung Stops Selling Paid Applications Through Smart TVs
- 2013-11-18 AT&T Samsung Galaxy S4 Android 4.3 Update Temporarily Halted
- 2013-11-14 AT&T Galaxy S4 Android 4.3 Update Released
- 2013-11-04 AT&T Galaxy S4 Zoom Launches November 8th For $199 On Contract
- 2013-06-19 Samsung Galaxy S4 Available In Red Exclusively On AT&T
- 2013-05-22 Chainfire Releases New SuperSU And CF-Auto-Root Tool For Galaxy S4