If you read our post on Steve Kondik confirming that AT&T Samsung Galaxy S4 bootloader arrives locked, and wondered how long would it take for someone to unlock said bootloader, look no further as the AT&T Galaxy S4 bootloader has already been unlocked. Developers weren’t put off by the fact that AT&T was shipping S4 with locked bootloader, because it didn’t mean that it became unbreakable, it only causes delays for developers who will be creating custom ROMs for this latest smartphone.
Dan Rosenberg, a well known figure in the root/unlock arena, tweeted a photo earlier today confirming that he had unlocked the Galaxy S4 bootloader. In a Q&A published on xda, Dan has confirmed that it was the AT&T S4 that he cracked and it allows him to run custom kernels and recoveries. He has also made it clear that a release won’t be taking place until Verizon’s Galaxy S4 comes out later this month, Dan is almost certain this will work on Verizon’s variant as well, releasing it now would give the carrier an opportunity to plug it. Those who are willing to take advantage of this are advised not to install new Galaxy S4 software updates, though that might deprive them of, if any, crucial security and bug fixes so its really the user’s own decision.RELATED
- Alcatel Idol X+ To Be Accompanied By Smart Devices?
- White Droid Ultra And Droid Mini Available On Verizon Now
- Nokia Guru Could Be The BH-121 Touch
- Samsung Galaxy S Duos 2 Sports Dual SIM Capability
- New Nokia Lumia 1020 Ad Touts Camera Capability
- Follow: at&t, Bootloader, Galaxy S4, Samsung,
- Seen at: forum.xda-developers