The BBC iPlayer app is available for a variety of platforms, including but not limited to the PlayStation 3, iOS and Xbox 360. A couple of months back it was announced that BBC iPlayer for Windows Phone 8 will be releasing soon. Today, the app has finally been released, its here now and available for download. It is available for free through the Windows Phone Store.
The app allows users to keep themselves up to date with their favorite BBC shows on the go. The app includes live tile, media player and a shortcut to the website optimized for mobile devices. Do keep in mind that the app has only been released for Windows Phone 8. BBC says that it has been working with Microsoft to make this app available for older Windows Phone versions as well, but they’ve finally said that this won’t be happening. Apparently platform limitations on Windows Phone 7.5 were in the way of providing an experience similar to that of WP8, so it was then decided that the app will only be made available for Windows Phone 8 devices. BBC iPlayer for Windows Phone 8 can be downloaded from here.
- 2014-03-25: Windows Phone 8.1 Could Let Developers Reply To App Reviews
- 2014-01-27: Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas For Windows Phone 8 Launched At Last
- 2014-01-10: Microsoft Will Update All Windows Phone 8 Devices To The Latest Version
- 2013-12-10: Microsoft Updates Skype For Windows Phone 8
- 2013-12-10: Microsoft Launches Socl App For Windows Phone 8 Devices
- 2013-11-15: Windows 8, Windows Phone 8 Will Be Getting Facebook One-Click Login
- 2013-10-14: Microsoft Update 3 For Windows Phone 8 Announced
- 2013-08-30: Nokia's HERE Auto Revealed To Be In-Dash Navigation System